Saturday 4 February 2012

Nadeem's First Fish on Lure






.................................................................Nadeem's First Fish on Lure
There are always a sizeable # of Enthusiastic Anglers wanting to join some fishy action with the lion and most of them are asked to patiently wait till their turn comes and this time it was Nadeem Athar's turn to go fishing , It has been quite a while since he had bought his tackle and was itching to land a fish on it, Nadeem a former captain from merchant navy has done quite a lot of bait fishing before and landed some good no's of fish but this was his first time luring the fish with lures { there iz alwayz the first time and alwayz the next time -- -> Chulbul Pandey--->Dabang

As promised Nadeem reached my Mumbai den very early in the morning and we left immediately and spent some time casting in the morning , then again at sunset but no fish nadeem even tried some bait fishing late at night braving the cold as we were to return back to Mumbai by next day noon and again no fish !! not even a bite

That night we decide to do some casting in the morning on the way back to Mumbai , we stopped at the private property of a friend who stays in mumbai and his caretaker knows me well enough to let us pass thru and fish peacefully , as we were casting there I got a bite but the fish missed the hooks as the fish had grabbed my DD lure from above and then again the same thing repeated after a few minutes Nadeem got a fish on his lure and shouted "I got it!! I got it !! " I was there by his side instructing him how to handle the fish , in the rush of adrenaline and excitement he would sometimes do the opposite letting the fish run all over the place for a moment I was worried of losing the fish as his 20lbs line was battling hard to survive the sharp rocks , but !! Nothing can go wrong when Luck is on your side and lo !! A wave just pushed the panicked barra on the rocks and I immediately grabbed the leader to lift it when another wave came to take it back to sea I instantly pinned the barra's head on the rocks with my foot and the water reached my knees with the barra fluttering to break free from the lion's paw { thrilling isn't it ??} I then lifted the fish to dry land after the wave had retreated and was shocked to see the barra attached to the skin of its teeth and the hook came out instantly without any effort

Nadeem had got his first fish on lure "A BARRMUNDI" and that too on a thin mono line, I remember losing many good ones on much stronger lines , he is a very lucky guy indeed !!

on the way back Nadeem wanted to share part of his catch with me, but I politely refused as it was his catch and a first one on lure,
First Catches are always very Special and I wanted him to take the whole fish home and display it proudly to his loved ones there iz alwayz the first time and alwayz......





here is one proud Angler with his catch Very Happy


Fish will come and go but memories will remain forever , Another fun filled 24 hours to be penned down in the lion's Fishy Dairy
__________________________________
The only fever that I always carry ---> Fishing Fever  




*********************************************************************************
Those who wish to join my Friends list on Facebook can find me on the following link

Any  Viewers  who are eager to join me  Fishing  can mail in their requests  at my mail id  lionheartangler@hotmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Interesting details of another fishing trip of Lionheart the Indianangler