Tuesday 8 February 2011

Fishing with a Sharp shooter






This post is written by a fellow Angler friend ---> Raj Ramachandran from KALINA - the place which holds many of my childhood memories of my juvenile fishing escapades
**************************************************************************************



My first Trip to Raigad

It was a unique opportunity for me to visit the lion's den and fish in his Domain

The trip started with an amazing bike ride at 5am early morning apon reaching Sayed bhai's house
We unpacked our tackle and were on the rocks in no time. The water was amazing, crystal clear and deep it is a perfect condition for most of the predatory fishes to inhabit.

This trip was full of learning and knowledge sharing. Thanks for Sayed bhai who trusted me with his secret locations and I promised to keep it Secret , Sayed bhai shared his experience on how to handle a big fish Learnt various techniques how to target different fishes. Saw Ravas feeding out of casting range and spotted a Cobia too who disappeared into the deep water once it spotted the Lion .
Landed two MJs ,one Grouper and a Huge Crab above one kg on this trip. Here are two of the catches in this post.

On the way there were these birds behind the bait fish and displayed some aerobic Stunts.

                                   
                                     
    
 

 After a heavy morning workout we reached this spot. There was this guy waiting in the pond to ambush any small fish
                                                                                               The dreaded Moray eel
                                   {at last  I finally saw myself casting in pictures--Lionheart} 
   We started casting out in to the deep ocean waiting for some action.
 Then I saw Lions rod tip dip violently and the line scream Kirrrrrrr Kirrrrrrrr Kirrrrrrrrrrr. I was all excited and ready with the gaff waiting for the fish to surface.
The fish unwillingly showed it self it was red color and we knew it was an MJ. The fish was landed safely

   
                                      

                                                                   This is How We Do it

 
                                    Now the  Lion is Baiting & Waiting for the big Bite Wink
  Next day another exotic location. We trekked and reached the location saw this awesome little creation of GOD waiting to greet us. What a spectacular specimen this creature is. Angling is more than catching a sport fish. It is about adventure, exploring locations, trekking, riding, wild life, endurance and the list will continue.
A beautiful Brown Wine Snake

 I started casting with the firetiger, there was no luck. Sayed Bhai suggested me to try the white redhead. I started working the popper. Then as the popper was on its way back I saw a big splash on the surface where my lure was and my first reaction was to set the fish. The rod tip bent and the reel started screaming Kirrrrr Kirrrr Kirrrrrrrrrrr Kirrr. I knew it was a huge fish as it was taking line from my BG90 which was mounted on a rod with test capability of 30-56lb.
I could see the line travel left and right cutting through the ocean surface. It ran all around to get cover. As it neared there was a rock formation in the water around 10ft way from the shoreline, I knew this fish will definitely try and run around it and if that happens then the braid will no longer hold the fish. It took a left and ran for cover. I played the fish as trained by Sayed Bhai and brought it near. The fish surfaced and Sayed Bhai landed it.



                            


This is the largest MJ landed by me {3kg} and all credit to Sayed Bhai for trusting me and guiding me to handle a huge fish.


                                                The Beautiful Murud sunset

Two days passed in a jiffy and had to pack my bags with a heavy heart wanting to fish more
Hoping to get another invitee from the Lion hearted friend of mine very soon

 And all the best for your future catches
Regards
 Raj


I Thank Raj for writing such a Wonderful report and Capturing some super moments 

*********************************************************************************
Those who wish to join my Friends list on Facebook can find me on the following link

Any  Viewers  who are eager to join me  Fishing  can mail in their requests  at my mail id  lionheartangler@hotmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Interesting details of another fishing trip of Lionheart the Indianangler