Tuesday 22 February 2011

Fishing Unlimited






  This post is written by my  Angler friend Anthony Braganza  from Navi mumbai  


                                    Fishing Unlimited

I had been planning a trip with Sayed Bhai since the last 6 months. But family and work always threw my plans out of gear. Then last week, my wife decided to go for a small vacation to Goa and I knew GOD had opened up an opportunity to me. Very Happy I dropped my wife and kid to the airport and upon reaching home immediately called Sayed Bhai to tell him to plan something. Initially it looked like the trip would not happen as Sayed Bhai said that he was a bit busy. Crying or Very sad Then the next morning I got a call from Sayed Bhai and he told me that Desmond Lobo (Dezz by the bay) has landed in the Wadi and that we can plan a trip to fish with him. I did not waste time. We decided to hit the road on 15th night. Took the Pune Expressway, took turns driving all night and upon reaching Kolhapur, Sayed Bhai suggested we try breakfast at this famous missal pav place known as 'Phadtare' which is around 30years old.
 
                                             He is the Best in Town!!! 

                                                 Famous all over INDIA!!! Shocked

                              Yummmmmy   I'm lovin it! Razz
                                                     I am also loving it!!! Wink Wink

After breakfast, the next stop was Sawantwadi. We reached there at 2PM. Dezz came in his NRI avatar Wink and even a blind man would have known that this bugger was a NRI. Laughing

Had a beer and a quick lunch and headed to a spot of Dezz at Vengurla. We were a bit disappointed with the location as there were nets all around. Nevertheless, we started casting at the river mouth with no luck. The wind was also blowing heavily against us. Dezz got a huge hit and lost a plug to what he claims was a monster bigger than him Wink Razz . Better luck next time Dezz! gt-happyup

We wound up fishing and then decided to head back to Sawantwadi to get some rest. Next morning we decided that its no point wasting time in Vengurla due to the bad weather as even the fishermen grounded their vessels for a few days and the weather forecast seem to show no improvement for the next few days Crying or Very sad . So what started as a grand trip was slowly starting to be a BIG disappointment for me damn . We left Sawantwadi at 8AM to head back to Mumbai and then Sayed Bhai suggested we head to Murud on an oath of secrecy from me. He promised that Murud will not disappoint me. My excitement began to grow again superkewl . We reached Murud by 4PM, checked into the hotel as Sayed bhai did not bring his murud Beach house keys. He then took me to one of his spots at sunset.

We did a bit of spinning till 8PM. We got 2-3 hits but could not convert them. We headed back to the hotel, had our dinner, got refreshed and headed out again for night fishing. This was my first night fishing trip and Sayed Bhai explained to me how most of the predatory fish are active at night and our chances will be high according to his calculations. And the Lion was not wrong Twisted Evil Twisted Evil He landed 6 MJ's that night. For me, it was a big learning experience to watch the PRO in action.



 Beware!!!The Lion is on the prowl Very Happy Very Happy

We headed back to our hotel at 4AM. Took some rest but we both wanted more action. Sayed Bhai got on the phone and made some calls and then told me that he can obtain permission from the Customs Dept to fish on one of the restricted area around Murud. By afternoon the Lion’s friend had brought us the permission letter to fish for  24hrs. superkewl We rested till the evening then headed somewhere in a small boat.the boat man dropped us on the shore of the spot and went back promising to come back the next morning.

Did lot of spinning and I hooked a big grouper. Reeled it towards me and he was just 3-4 meters away and suddenly the lure popped out of his mouth. cwl cwl Sayed Bhai told me not to lose hope and we began our casting which went out till 5AM. Shocked



                                   The Lion doing what he does best! Cool



                                      There is no stopping the Lion. Shocked

                        Ohh !!! GOD Crying or Very sad I wanted Much more Bigger than this Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad


                            Finally GOD answered my prayers! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy


As the night grew darker the Lion was at his ferocious best hunting in the darkness Wink and managed to bag 10 MJ's all of pretty good sizes and I was satisfied with catching 2 MJ's. I must say, Sayed Bhai has some magic in him where the fish are attracted to him like moths are attracted to the light!

We had fished the whole night !!! Shocked but never realized it amidst all the action, in fact I thought that this was the shortest night of the year or what ?? Confused and in the morning at 7AM our boat guy came to pick us up. He was not impressed with our catch Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Out of 12 fishes caught the Lion showed him only three small Mjs, the rest were cleverly concealed Laughing he may be thinking of us as crazy guys spending money & toiling the whole night for some silly small MJs Laughing

In two days of action Sayed bhai lost four lures when the Monsters of Murud cut him on the rocks and even I lost a plug Crying or Very sad but the score was 18/ 5 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

We thanked GOD for all the fun & fishing we had and at 1PM left Murud to head back to Mumbai before sunset.
I thank you, Sayed Bhai, from the bottom of my heart for trusting me and helping me to have a time of my life! That was indeed a Night to Remember! gt-happyup GOD bless you and your family. Here is one of the MJ's grilled to perfection! Man, they taste awesome! All thanks to Sayed Bhai again.


                                                              Hungry Kya????? Razz Wink


                         33 Kg of Mangrove jacks,some will be roasted ,some steamed & some fried  :-)



                                                        Anthony with the Kill  & the Killer Lion




Bye guys Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Hoping to rub shoulders with the Lion once again very soon Wink 



*********************************************************************************

@ Hey Tony !!! Twisted Evil how can You forget to mention that I had hooked the Grandpa of all Barras Razz Laughing O Man what a fight that was !!! even my multiballbearing reel was sweating in the cold night Razz
if only the so called branded Co lure had not betrayed me !!!! holyshit sad sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad that would have been a Record Catch , A very smart fella it was !! as it took along a souvenir and left one for me also Wink


Now that Lucky Basssket maybe hiding under some rock and bragging to its grandsons, how bravely it fought a Lion and lived to tell the tale and it even has my treble hook as a nose ring to show of as evidence

and Tony you are Welcome to Murud anytime
May God Almightys Blessings be also with You & your Family




*********************************************************************************
Those who wish to join my Friends list on Facebook can find me on the following link

Any  Viewers  who are eager to join me  Fishing  can mail in their requests  at my mail id  lionheartangler@hotmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Interesting details of another fishing trip of Lionheart the Indianangler