Tuesday 5 January 2016

TAMOSHI BABA











…………………………………………………………………………………………………..  TAMOSHI BABA 

Hello  Fishy Friends,

After my last trip report of Karnataka in October,  I received several calls and mails from friends and readers  expressing  serious concerns about my safety and advising me to be more careful in future .   I respect their love and deeply thank them from the bottom of my heart   ( salute, GOD Bless  )
 I do have arrangements of my self-defense and  have the maturity to use it only as the last resort in life threatening situations   ! But I prefer to always keep the LORD ALMIGHTY as my Protector and Defender and sufficient is his protection for me and us - Amen
I  was also contacted by a guy from Karwar ( Karnataka) and another from Pune they both wanted me to edit my blog but as you all know how obdurate  Lionheart is ;-)  " EK BAAR JO MAINE COMMITMENT KAR DIYA TO PHIR MAI APNE AAPKI BHI NAHI SUNTA "  LOL……   

It was late December and  2015 was almost about to end and sadly I had done only two fishing trips so far this year and suddenly I was a worried man ! How will I face GOD if I die tomorrow ? What will I say ? How ashamed will I be saying that I wasted the whole year working , chasing money not Fish ? ?? 
Something had to be done ! That too very Quickly !  I had to register some more catches in my account of the year 2015.
I hurriedly packed my clothes took some of my trusted lures and sped towards my favorite honey hole in Konkan ,
 The bike ride was freezing , the fog was blinding ,The night grew even colder and more bleak but  I remained  resolute and undaunted, my will power was strong enough to take me to my destination 
this time it was decided that I will shut out the world , no office calls or no friendly calls ( strangely many of my fishy friends  very religiously remember to call me during every new moon or full moon time just to say " hello Sayed bhai how are you "   lol.... I am well aware that these sly buggers are in fact checking in on me ! to see if I am in town or fishing out somewhere ...LMAO ......) my cell phone remained switched off for 23 hrs everyday, only used it to call home and talk to family.
" My  life is about eclectic pleasures and a craving for solitude " when I am here fishing alone on my own I feel very peaceful, very strong " 
   I spent the next few days fishing and exploring new places in Konkan,  witnessed spectacular feedings ,   caught lots of fish in the dead of the night and enjoyed it with more than15 of my local friends ,this time I had purposely not taken the icebox with me , just wanted to take pictures and share my catches with the locals , my long  experience had taught me that these uneducated poor villagers  are good of heart and more wealthy in morals , manners , faithfulness and hospitality than most of the double faced  city dwellers   

One night of fishing was also reserved with my friend Aslam who happened to be in Konkan for an annual festival of his village.
Winding up my report due to the lack of time , enjoy the pictures they will substitute my long write-ups -- Sayonara   


                             Tamoshi BaBa meditating on top of a mountain far away from  human interference


                                                 Always living life on the Edge....... Dangerously & Adventurously 

                                                                                                       My local friend ASLAM


                                                                              Lion is always happy to Rumble in the Jungle
     
                                    Lion is comfortable even in snake infested territories where the locals fear to tread


    Crossing new boundaries and  exploring new spots , I will always stick to this form of real adventurous angling .
 let the so called self-appointed Angling Gurus who throw in wads of cash to go trolling in boats and catch a few fish only to come back educating the commercial boatmen who then visits the places everyday imitating our techniques   ( the troll go trolling LOL..

                                                                  Catching fish from the shores is more of a challenge and fun
           
                                                                       The locals were also the proud partners of the catch

                                        Everyday the fish that kept piling in the icebox were later transferred to the cooking pot

                                               More than 15 villagers daily enjoyed the fresh fish cooked on the wooden chulla 

                                                                                             Aslam with his catches          
               


                                                                        Forget the BaBa ! say Tamoshi ki Jai ho !

                                     
 Sweet little Princess - Mahiza  had a tough time holding this one up for just 3 seconds ( look at her face she still managed a great smile despite the agonizing weight of the fish that was half her size ) 

                                                      why do people call me Tamoshi BaBa ??  ......I sincerely don't know  ... lol.....

                                                                            Is Barramundi ke barra baj gaye lol......
 



                                                                                The streets are deserted when the Lion steps out for hunting

If you guys happen to see the smiling Lion on the beach , join in for a selfie 
but if he has a fishing rod in hand then you better stay away ! for he is in the ferocious hunting mode !!

*******************************************************************************************

Today's Fishy thought

A woman who has never seen her husband fishing,
doesn’t know what a patient man she married !



No comments:

Post a Comment

Interesting details of another fishing trip of Lionheart the Indianangler