Thursday 17 January 2013

Lion vs Big Cat

                                                         




                                                            Lion vs Big Cat

Love , Loyalty and unconditional support within the Lion's family is Sacrosanct "US above the World, has always been and always will be " . Mom had not been well , hence dutifully I Have been busy for the last few months nursing her back to the best of health and could not do any fishing except in my dreams Smile and now as soon as I got some free time I decided to go fishing first , it seemed that I hadn't fished for ages , there was this terrible pain of wanting to fish in the pit of my stomach. Don't laugh !! you guys !! Mad Fishing has become as necessary to me as breathing and without the passion of Fishing I might slide quickly in to Age & Disillusion
It was around Christmas and new year time now and my trusted lieutenant Tony will definitely be in Goa busy dancing or baiting the beauties from the Goan shores but still I had to call him to confirm his whereabouts and in a very euphoric tone he declared that he was in Goa !! not wanting to distract him from all the attractions around him I decided not to bother him about my fishy intentions and went alone to one of my fishing spots , driving at night has its advantages ---> you don't get caught up in traffic and disadvantages too !! As most of the vehicles coming from the opposite direction never lower their high beam thus blinding you for few seconds and in the winter nights there is the FOG which hampers visibility , lion can go thru everything for fishing LOL
This time the fog was more dense limiting visibility to only a few meters since lions are nocturnal animals lol I had no problem driving @ 50kmph and was surprised to see a line of vehicles following my taillights blindly, on my way I found visibly troubled drivers going so slow that even a child can outrun them and they quickly picked up speed and followed when I overtook them , I was now a proud leader for the night Cool as you know my motto has always been " Serve to lead with Guts , Grace and Glory "



I reached my destination and after freshening up, went straight to where you all expect me to go … fishing of course Laughing
on the way I was rather surprised to find this familiar group of monkeys ( mentioned in my last post ) sitting on the edge perhaps they had decided to move out to raid & destroy some other jungle Razz


Change is inevitable, growth is intentional the_judge

                 
I know where ever they go ! They will always be keeping a fearful watch on the lion's movments Very Happy





the way to my fish hole was thick with the vegetation that had grown in the monsoon months but I was able to find my way through the thicket with the infallible instinct of a homing pigeon Cool
Upon reaching there, It was a delight to see the sea again and have the salt laden breeze of the cold winter morning on my Face . the crystal clear sea looked so beautiful and calm stretching from the beach to the horizon and I knew fishing in such clear waters is hard work with less or no results , as you are exposed !! The fish can clearly see your line , leader, swivel , snaplock and hooks of the lure . But !! a man's got to do ! what he likes to do ! "this Lion was dying to shake his itchy rod and dip his lures, Fish or no fish who cares ? " I said to myself and started to cast

Hopping from rock to rock and casting relentlessly for a few hours without any results and I was beginning to wonder " has the lion's beautiful lure lost its charm ? That not even a single underwater beauty is attracted by it ?? been Lost in these thoughts when suddenly my lure got a love-ly bite and a familiar possessive tug which sent waves of joy & pleasure thru the line passing thru my rod and settling in my Heart and I now began to gently calm and control the wild underwater Beauty and eventually bringing it closer to me with every pumping of the rod Twisted Evil finally my persuasion bore fruit , it decided to reveal itself and have eye to eye contact with me Very Happy , the glass calm sea was sliced by a black row of spiked dorsal fin and the rest of the silver gleaming body appeared on the surface , for a brief moment we both saw each other and huggles mutually decided to come more and more closer to each other until I finally lifted her gently in my strong arms , now she was MINE hearts happydance hearts
What a shame that no one was around to capture our happy moments together so I laid her down briefly to capture her beauty in my camera and again I lifted her gently and ……….. Come on now you naughty fellas nope don't expect me to reveal all that went on between us Razz the remaing part is to be censored even from the adults of this forum he he heeeee Twisted Evil Bad Grin

                    

Like above if I narrate in detail about every fish that I hook then I guess every post will make a short book Razz and I don't have the time for that , I'd rather do more fishing then writing tall tales about it Smile
In short ! Some of the other fish that were caught in the couple of days were as follows :-

1. Barramaundi --1
2. Trevally --------1
3. Jewfish---------1
4. Grouper--------1
5. Rabbit fish-----1
6. Mangrove Jacks--7 ( 3 of the Mjs caught were 19inches in length}
7. Big Cat fish -----1 (above 7kg ) 









 Rabbit Fish  

                                      My personal best  amongst the catfish = 7+ kg
 
               The long erect dorsal spine had to be chopped off  before putting it in ice box
                                            

                                                      19 inches long  3kg  Mangrove Jacks  
                                                                                     
                          
               The Barra was dwarfed by the bulky Big Cat 

Two Mjs were given to my friend as a parting gift , in all of my fishing years so far I may have caught hundreds of catfish :lol I  even lost count of them but this one is special as its my personal best in the cats category and I always say & believe that my best is yet to come Rolling Eyes maybe sometime, someday and someplace only the LORD knows best Rolling Eyes
Best wishes of some great fishing to all you guys out there Smile
_________________________________________
Fishing is all about wriggling your Lure n hooking FishCool       


No comments:

Post a Comment

Interesting details of another fishing trip of Lionheart the Indianangler