Saturday 4 June 2011

Lion Hooks a Nurse







......................................................................Lion hooks a Nurse shark

Many of my friends who regularly follow my posts & blogs tell me almost the same thing again & again " how come you always manage to catch fish" to which I simply laugh out loud Smile , well the truth is that I don't always catch fish and many times I sweat out the whole day and come back home without a single fish in my bag but a much more happier and calmer person although a bit tired so what ?? I do fishing for sports and if I get Fish then that’s an extra bonus prize to me Very Happy

Many anglers I have come across in my Angling years almost all have said that fishing is their hobby but I believe FISHING IS A SPORT, generally a peaceful sport in which you exercise almost all parts of your body, we all have read many a times " fishing is more than fishing " yes it is !! Most fishing spots are usually located near mountains and rocky shores there you get to walk, climb, and weight-lift along the way. But where does lifting occur? Well, you would need to carry your gear and other stuff towards your destination, right? So, indirectly, you are doing some weight lifting exercises. With just a few moves, you have exercised the muscles of your arms and legs. Then you need to cast your lures in the water. By just repeatedly doing that you have given your upper arm, shoulders, and back a good workout. But, probably, the best advantage you would gain from this activity is refreshing your mind. Nature has a way of calming your senses and restoring it to a better condition. Those hours spent outdoors certainly will help to recharge your batteries. The chance to spend time watching wildlife ranging from huge endangered Turtles to a wide variety of snakes ,birds and animals is also a special treat.
I have seen eagles picking fish right from the sea surface in one clean sweep & I yell out " Congrats You lucky baassket !! that’s a nice catch !!" , seen owl sqeeze the life out of a young rabbit in the dead of the night , seen wine snakes , green tree snakes & also came very close {by inches } to the deadly Banded Sea Snake (Laticauda colubrina) and not to mention the majestic peacock that comes to pick the grains in the standing fields and the deers, foxes & wild boars at night, That's it !!! I am not saying anything more about the endangered animals lest any poacher reading this post starts to get any bright ideas only to land in jail later and curse me for that Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

when you wait for a fish to bite and all of this time is a great opportunity to just sit back and relax. If you are fishing solo, the water is one of the best place to sort out your thoughts. When you're out there, no one is bothering you, and the only sounds you hear are those of nature. This is one of the best places for reflection. Especially on the ocean where there is nothing around you but the water, you can really soak in the vastness of it. This type of experience is hard to come by and fishing offers it for free. Fishing also teaches you patience It can be tough to sit there for hours without a bite, but it teaches that some things in life don't come quickly and easily and must be waited on. There are many  lessons of life that can be learnt through fishing.
{ psst for last three days I have been coming home empty handed Damm it I hate fishing !!! I hate fishing !! I hate fishing !!

And when you finally do get a bite, the reward of catching a fish brings about a great deal of happiness. It is a sense of accomplishment, knowing that you caught it, and your patience finally paid off. thatworks It's good to know that all of that time was worth it-just like the other things in life that must be waited for.
In five days of fishing I hooked a Beautiful but very stubborn Nurse shark who simply refused to come any closer to me Wink Phew !! after much persuasion I finally managed to win her over to my side hearts



A few moments of eye 2 eye contact & the meter long Nurse shark returned to the waterworld promising never ever to fall for my baits in future ha ha haaa silly Nurse she doesn't know that the lion can & will try every trick in & out of the books to hook her again if she is in the vicinity he he heeeee Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil I'm Baaad happydance { Michael Jackson song }





and just this one regular size Barramundi Laughing five days of fishing, caught two fish only and both were released !!! one in the water and one in my baaag Wink nothing more than that Razz

Now even If someone wakes me up in the dead of the night and asks I would still say Lets Go Fishing { I love fishing , I love fishing , I love fishing } hellyeah
  



*********************************************************************************
Those who wish to join my Friends list on Facebook can find me on the following link

Any  Viewers  who are eager to join me  Fishing  can mail in their requests  at my mail id  lionheartangler@hotmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Interesting details of another fishing trip of Lionheart the Indianangler